Homemade Chocolate & Apricot Granola
Quantity: 3 jars worth of granola
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10-20 minutes
-3 1/2 cups rolled oats
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup coconut oil
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 cup pumpkins seeds
-1/3 cup dried apricots (around 14 apricots) chopped into little squares
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a large baking tray with un-baking paper.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil, add the maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to this . Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the rolled oats, pumpkin seeds and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil & maple syrup mix into the oats bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place the mixture on the lined baking tray, pat it down with your spatula until its evenly distributed.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes - keep an eye on it, all ovens are different.
- Once out of the oven add the diced dried apricots and press into the mix so they cook from remaining heat.
- Leave to cool completely and store in airtight jars.