Did you know you can make crisps at home right in your oven? These oven baked kumara chips are a delicious snack and a great way to use any leftover kumara in the pantry.
They aren't tricky to make but will definitely be more work that popping to the shop to get a bag of chips but these are definitely a case where they taste just that much better because you made them!
1 large Kūmara (365g) washed with skin on
40g coconut oil, melted
Truffle, garlic or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 210 degree Celsius and line two baking trays with un-baking paper or a reusable baking sheet.
- Wash and dry the kūmara and slice into thin slices (as thin as you can!) Be careful when cutting the slices, you don't want to cut yourself!
- In a large bowl, pour in the coconut oil, the kūmara slices, salt and pepper.
- Toss until each slice is coated in the oil and place on the baking tray - make sure no slices are over lapping. It took two trays for one kūmara.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip and cook for another 10 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, eat immediately or pop in an airtight container.