Now that it's starting to feel a little like summer our garden has had an abundance of tomatoes - finally! We thought we'd share one of our go to recipes when you have a bunch of tomatoes ready to be eaten. This tomato pasta sauce (or pizza sauce!) is bursting with summer flavour and will soon become one of your favourites!
1 kg tomatoes (stems removed - we used cherry tomatoes)
1-2 small capsicums capsicum
4 cloves of garlic (peeled whole cloves)
4-5 sprigs of Thyme
2-3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with un-baking paper.
- Depending on the size of the tomatoes, chop into 1x1inch chunks, add to the baking tray.
- Chop the onion and capsicum into 1/2 x 1/2 inch squares and pop onto the baking tray.
- Next add the garlic cloves and thyme along with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix on the tray and pop in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the veg is caramelized.
- Leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend the mix in your food processor/nutribullet, if it's too thick add water until desired consistency - I haven't needed to add water yet!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or pop in one of our silicone pouches in the freezer and enjoy on pasta dishes, pizza, gnocchi and so much more!