Looking for some low-waste plastic free gift ideas that don't break the bank, take little time to make and tastes delicious? Look no further because we it have covered with this vegan chocolate, coffee and walnut fudge. The fudge takes 5 minutes to make and the texture is silky smooth! No sugar thermometer in sight, seriously this fudge recipe is fool proof!
250g Dark chocolate
100g Dark chocolate with coffee - we used this
30g Plant based margarine
80g toasted walnuts
1 tsp vanilla
320g coconut condensed milk
pinch of salt
- Line a loaf tin with compostable baking paper or un-baking paper.
- Fill a medium size pot with water (about 1/3 filled) bring to the boil and take it down to a simmer.
- Pop a bowl on top, creating a bain-marie in the process, break up the chocolate and put it in along with the margarine, vanilla, condensed milk and salt.
- Leave to sit for a few minutes and then stir occasionally until all is melted and there is a smooth paste.
- Pour into the loaf tin and scatter the toasted walnuts on top.
- Leave to cool completely in the fridge and cut after a few hours have passed and it's firm to the touch.