I don’t know if everyone would classify this as a salad but I do! It’s delicious cold or hot and lasts for days in the fridge. It’s affordable but a little bit luxurious, it’s easy and it’s filling. It’s something that you can throw together when you’ve had long day and it doesn’t take hours but it’s filled with a lot of goodness too. It’s my favourite salad right now.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups of boiling hot vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup crunchy roasted chickpeas
- handful of cranberries
- handful of walnuts
- big handful of baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- wedge of lemon
1. Add the cup of couscous into a medium to large bowl and then add the boiling vegetable stock water over the top. Place a saucer over the top and leave to cook in the bowl for 10 minutes.
2. Once cooked add to a large bowl and then add the spinach, chickpeas, cranberries and walnuts. Mix until fully incorporated.
3. Season to taste and drizzle a little bit of lemon on top - enjoy!
Store in the fridge for up to three days.