Anyone else enjoy a sweet snack every now and then? These cashew stuffed dates dipped in chocolate are the ultimate indulgence and they’re vegan too! Easily stored in the freezer or fridge, these stuffed dates will be your go to for that after dinner sugar hit or just because. We’ve picked cashew butter but you can definitely mix it up and add almond butter or peanut butter - whatever you have in the cupboards is fine! And if chocolate isn’t your thing, don’t add it or maybe dip half in, the choice is really up to you.
- 8 medjool dates
- 4 tbsp cashew butter ( we love using Fix & Fogg)
- 100g dark vegan chocolate
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- A pinch of sea salt (optional)
1.Carefully make a slice/split through each date - be sure not to go all the way through!
2. Spoon 1/2 tbsp of cashew butter into each date where the split is and push together so the date closes up again. If you have cashew butter coming out - that’s totally fine!
3. In a small saucepan bring a cup of water to the boil, once boiled take it off the element and place a bowl on top with the chocolate broken up. Leave to sit for a couple of minutes and stir - you should now have melted chocolate!
4. Using a fork, dip the date in chocolate and spoon it over to cover the date completely in chocolate. Place on a reusable baking sheet or un-baking paper. Sprinkle the toasted almonds on top with a sprinkle of sea salt.
5. Place in the fridge until fully set and they’re ready for eating - enjoy!
6. Store in the fridge - or else they will melt.