1 1/4 cup Mashed Feijoa
1½ cups Flour
1 tbsp Ground Ginger
3/4 cup White Sugar
70g Plant-based Margarine
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 Flax Egg ( 1 tbsp flaxseed powder 2 1/2 tbsp water, mixed together and left for 5 minutes)
Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and oil a loaf tin with margarine or oil.
- In a large bowl cream together the margarine, vanilla extract and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mashed feijoa and mix again.
- Sift into the bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground ginger.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 40 -50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when put in. The loaf should bounce back when pressed.
- Once cool, sift icing sugar on top and serve on it's own or warmed up with margarine.
- Store in an airtight container for 4-6 days.