While your curry is simmering and the flavours are developing, these no knead flatbreads are a simple and delicious addition that you can whip up quickly!
With only five ingredients and no rise time these have become a staple in our cooking. We like to use two pans at once to cut the cook time in half and make a weeknight diiner even quicker.
1 cup flour (we used 1/4 plain white flour & 3/4 cup wholemeal flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 cup yoghurt (we used coconut yoghurt)
1/4 cup chopped coriander
Oil (for your hands)
1. In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder and garlic salt - mix until evenly distributed.
2. Add the yoghurt and the chopped coriander, mix until a ball forms - it might be a little tacky to the touch.
3. Shape into 8 balls, oil your hands to make this easier or add a little bit of flour if that is easier.
4. Roll out the balls with a rolling pin (you will need to dust with flour) or press with your hands until a disc shape forms, drizzle a little oil to make the flat breads crispier.
5. Heat up a pan on a medium heat and add one flat bread at a time. The flat breads will puff up slightly and once they're gold on one side, flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until golden on the other side.
6. Serve warm with your favourite curry.