Introducing hummus without tahini! Anyone always forget to pick up tahini? I can’t be the only one! I’ve created this smokey paprika hummus that you can make right at home with cashew butter. One of the downsides to buying hummus is that 99.9% of the time it comes in plastic. There's so many benefits to making your own hummus at home - it’s easy, you can customize it to your taste and you can reduce your waste all at the same time!
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1x 420g can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2-4 tbsp cold water
- Salt & Pepper
1. In a food processor add the cashew butter, lemon juice, garlic and oil. Blend together until light and frothy- trust me it makes a difference!
2. Add half the chickpeas and blend again until smooth - this might take a little while!
3. Wipe down the sides, and add the other half of chickpeas with 2 tbsp of cold water. Blend again until smooth. This will take a couple of attempts as you’ll need to wipe down the sides.
4. If the hummus isn’t as smooth as you’d like it, add 1-2 tbsp of cold water until your desired consistency.
5. Next add the paprika and blend again.
Serve with chilli oil and crunchy chickpeas on top with your favourite cracker!